Every Child is Gifted, They Just Unwrap their gifts at different times. -Unknown

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wall art with my Cameo

This past May, I was privileged to observe a literacy block at another school district. We learned about several common core resources. But like any teacher, what I wanted to bring to my room was things that she had used to decorate her room with! She had used several framed quotes and framed subway art.  I came home and searched Pinterest and Teachers pay Teachers.  I found some to add to my wish list.  Here are some from my wish list-Teaching-With-A-Touch-Of-Twang, subway classroom rules (free)- Crystal Dean, Bright Motivational Classroom Posters ($2.50)- Kindergarten Kapers, In Our Classroom Sign (free). On Pinterest, I fell in love with J & A and Company- Bathroom Printables and knew they would look adorable in my kids bathroom.  When it gets closer to school, I will print these and hang in my bathroom at school (free also).


I have several older frames that I had used to display my kids artwork in. I just repurposed them. I used my Cameo to create these that match the red shower curtain. 




I made bows and rosettes with burlap chevron ribbon from Hobby Lobby. The top is an old cookie sheet that I had spray painted black and had my kids footprints on.  I created this before I had my cameo, so the font is not as cute as Kevin and Amanda's. I love you all the way up to your toes, is from Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney.

Happy happy summer,
Leah




No comments:

Post a Comment